Tuesday, January 21, 2014

P90 Day 2: Adapting to Challenges

   Despite a day of working two jobs and dealing with several unexpected twist and turns I managed to squeeze in my P90 workout.  Today was a cardio abs day and that offered a little challenge in my apartment.  You see I live on the second floor of an older apartment complex.  The result is that sound (including footsteps) pass easily down to the apartment below.  Out of respect for my neighbors I have retired my Dance Dance Revolution game and generally attempt to keep the noise down.  But how can I do that while doing a video that includes jumping jacks and run lunges?
   The answer is, I adapt them.  These exercises also work well for beginners who cannot yet do everything on the video.  Live Strong has an excellent article on alternatives to jumping jacks.  The one I've been doing is a combination of the standard low-impact jack and the squat jack.  The running lunge I convert into regular lunges.  There is also a segment in which you are supposed to jump from side to side.  On the video, Tony Horton offers an alternative of doing a step touch instead.  I did the step touch instead today, but I may be googling different exercises to make it more of a challenge.

  Do you know any exercises that would be a good substitution for jumping?

No comments:

Post a Comment