Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Purple Dress

I love my purple dress.  It's color suits me, It has a jacket for when it's cold, but when it's warm it transforms into a lovely sleeveless.  When it fits, it flatters me perfectly.  The only problem is that it hasn't fit in a long time.  It's probably out of fashion now, but I don't care.  I keep my dress because I know that some day I will wear it again.  That is my goal.  Some people have a weight goal, but mine is a dress goal.  I read recently in that I should get rid of the clothes that no longer fit me.  The author maintained that these clothes are reminders of our failure to loose weight.  I disagree.  Only clothes that are too big should go.  After all, there is no going back on this journey.  I keep a box of my old clothes, so that someday when my current size is too big I can wear them again.  This time next year I plan to wear my dress again.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome outlook! I agree with your perspective! If you get rid of the clothes that you used to be able to wear, it's like your telling yourself you can never go back there again! I think this writer needs to tweak her outlook using your blog as a reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I guess everyone has a different outlook though. I usually like that particular author. I guess nobody's perfect.

    ReplyDelete