Saturday, June 29, 2013

Count Down to Shiny Pants

   My progress so far- When I joined a gym two years ago, I did something I was avoiding for years.  I stepped on a scale.  The word that best describes that moment is 'horrifying'.  I knew I was overweight, even obese, but I had no idea how far I had let myself go.  Now two years later, I am 54 pounds lighter and counting.  I still have a long way to go.  It took me 32 years to reach my heaviest weight, it will take me a while to take it off.

   So what does this have to do with shiny pants?  I am glad you asked.  In a previous post, I wrote about my purple dress that I hope to wear again one day.  I am still far from that goal, but I find that to reach my large goals I must set a series of smaller goals.  One of these goals is my shiny pants.
   My shiny pants are a pair of jean in my drawer that I have not been able to wear for a few years.  They are my favorite jeans, because if they catch the light they shine.  It is not a tacky shine, but  a subtle shine; just enough to be interesting.  They are very cute and two years ago, I could scarcely pull them up, let alone zip them closed.  Today I can almost wear them.  A few more pounds and I should be able to wear them in public again.  My goal is to debut them on my birthday in a few weeks.  Wish me luck.

            What is the one item in your closet you wish you could wear again?

No comments:

Post a Comment