Saturday, July 9, 2011

Goal 1: Get Financially Fit

"How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."
Dave Ramsey

Goal 1: Get financially Fit.  
About a year ago, my best friend, Karen, started telling me about Dave Ramsey.  Based on her recommendation I bought his book The Total Money Makeover. Thanks to Dave, I now have an emergency fund, and am paying off my debt.  I realized that if I am diligent, I can do this even with what I am making now. First, I am cutting back on my spending. Second, I am putting any extra money I have towards paying off my debt. Third, I am putting money into savings, so if something like a car or computer breaks down, I can pay in cash. Finally, I am looking for any way possible to earn extra money. Garage sale anyone? What are you doing to get financially fit?  

No comments:

Post a Comment