Monday, July 22, 2013

What's For Dinner? July 22

    Many people think that eating healthy means giving up all tasty foods.  In my "What's for Dinner" series I hope to show that eating healthy can be delicious too.  

 

   Today's dinner is "Meatball" Soup from Quick and Easy Low-Cal Vegan Comfort Food, tossed salad with added blackberries and roasted chickpeas, home made bread from The Cheapskate Cook, and lemon infused water.  To make it even healthier, I took out the oil.  For the soup I fried the vegetables in water instead of oil.  The roasted chickpeas taste just as good if I skip the oil and cut the salt in half.  Even the bread is oil free.  When baking unsweetened applesauce works just as well as oil with a fraction of the calories.  Even with all the changes, I had a delicious dinner.

How do you make your dinners healthier?

No comments:

Post a Comment